How to become a member of The Harare Residents` Trust (HRT)
Pay US$1 per year to the Treasurer of your Residents’ Committee in your suburb. The HRT has standard receipt books for your convenience.
If there is no residents’ committee in your area, you do the following;
- If there is a Residents Committee already, simply pay your Subscription of US$20 to the HRT Treasurer/ Secretary or deposit your money into the HRT Account Number: 0240059076502 at Minerva Branch, Stanbic Bank
- Bring together at least 12 people, who are not political activists, in your suburb drawn from different areas.
- Call any of the numbers given below and invite them to come to your area for a brief induction on the HRT way of doing things.
- An interim committee, which will serve for at most three months, is established.
- After the three months, public elections are conducted by the Board of Trustees and the HRT Membership Committee.
- A substantive committee is then formed and you become a part of the HRT family of suburban structures, independent from each other but united for quality service provision.
Being an HRT member
This is to let you know that the Harare Residents’ Trust has introduced a Membership Card, to be the identity to our members. This card, to be valid for 12 months, can be bought for a dollar at the HRT offices at Barts House, 3rd Floor, Room 309, Corner Jason Moyo Avenue/ Leopold Takawira St, next to Ok Express, opposite Town House.
By paying this dollar, you are expressing your solidarity with the organisation and extending your help to the smooth running of the HRT so that it ably delivers its vision of ‘a free and prosperous citizenry’ as agreed at our recent strategic plan workshop.
Your money will be used to; • Smoothly run the office, and • Produce information materials for mass circulation to the citizenry
- Collective advocacy and lobbying to service providers and policy makers
- Education on rates, services and citizens’ rights.
- Free legal assistance and references in cases of trouble.
- We provide you with information on residents issues, council services,
- You become part of a bigger family of the residents’ movement
- Creation of mutual cooperation among the city of Harare, service providers and residents.
- By becoming a member of the HRT, one is by extension committing to working with other residents and stakeholders for the well-being of the community you reside in.